STS Group's HSE 2022 Safety Programme kicked off this month with a refocus on site safety.
Sites across the group focused on several areas including:
- Take a look at the statistics again for fatal accidents and reinforce the big killers remain the same - people coming into contact with vehicles/plant and working at height
- Also we take a look at the non-fatal accidents with the following categories causing most accidents – a) losing control of machines, tools or transport and handling equipment, b) manual handing and c) slips, trips and falls are the biggest causes of injuries
- We focus on 5 minute tasks, taking short cuts and the potential consequences
- Basic construction rules and safe systems of work
- Focusing on doing every task safely and correctly
Head over to our gallery to see how our teams got on.