A huge congratulations to everyone who took part in the Collen Around the World in 8 Days Charity Cycle earlier this month.
STS Group participants, from Ireland, Belgium and the USA, clocked up a total of 1195km and helped surpass the target distance of 40,075km.
The event took place over one eight days from the 11th – 18th September 202. Project teams across the globe came together to collectively cycle the distance of the circumference of the world, the team surpassed the 40,075km goal, clocking up a staggering 44,525km. The event catered for a variety of fitness levels as participants chose their route and distance. The fundraising event was in support of the local communities in which Collen Construction operates, and proceeds are in aid of :
- Sean O Casey Community Centre (Youth & Senior Citizen Support Service)
- St Joseph's Primary School
- Aoibhneas (Women & Children Refuge Centre)
- The Light House (Homeless Support Service)
- Inner City Helping Homeless
- CROI (Heart Disease & Stroke Support)
- See Change and Shine (Ending Mental Health Stigma and Mental Health Frontline Support)
- Strange Boat Donor Foundation (Circle of Life, Commemorative Garden)
- The Forget-Me-Nots Choir (Community Choir particularly for those affected by dementia & memory loss)
- St. Vincent's Foundation (St Anne's Unit, St Vincent's Hospital)
- The Light House Club (Well-being Support within the Construction Industry)
- Pieta House (Mental Health Support Service)
- Temple Street Children’s Hospital
- The Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust
- Kvinnojouren Blåklockan (Women’s refuge)
- Västerås stadsmission (Women at Risk and Homelessness Support Service)
- Hilfe für krebskranke Kinder Frankfurt (Children & Young Adults Cancer Support Service)
We would like to extend our thanks to the Collen Cycle Committee and each participant for their valuable contribution in making this event a success!