Instrument Technicians, Cork
STS are currently recruiting for Instrument Technicians for a new Pharmaceutical Project in Cork, Ireland.
STS Group, is dedicated to being the leading and most cost-efficient provider of electrical engineering, instrumentation, design and commissioning services across Ireland, UK, Europe and the Middle East. Since its formation, STS Group has broadened its scope to become a full-service provider to world renowned brand names in the Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Utilities, Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Food & Beverage, Transport and other industry sectors.
Headquartered in Waterford, Ireland, STS Group is one of three business units within Dussmann Technical Solutions (DTS) and is a proud member of the Dussmann Group. STS Group employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education ensuring that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
- Inspect, commission, maintain and troubleshoot process control instrumentation and specialised equipment.
- Complete all relevant project documentation including knowledge of completion systems
- Perform highly skilled commissioning, testing, maintenance and repair on control, metering and recording instruments, control apparatus, data logging and display equipment, communications/ telemetering systems and Fire & Gas equipment.
- Perform commissioning duties on, control circuits, level control devices, flow control devices, temperature control devices and pressure control devices.
- Install, calibrate, commission, troubleshoot and repair of input sensors such as flow meters, level transducers, pressure transducers, fire & gas equipment and other monitoring equipment.
- Support the execution of commissioning procedures for assigned electrical tasks.
- Acceptance of Mechanically Complete Sub system packages from Construction
- Punch List management and responsibility of offered Sub systems / Systems.
- Complete all relevant project documentation including knowledge of completion systems.
- Read, interpret and work from vendor documentation, project drawings, schematic diagrams and equipment manuals.
- Knowledge of low, medium and high voltage switchgear.
- Knowledge of cathodic protection, corrosion control and associated equipment.
- Commission lighting systems and associated control systems.
- Inspect and set safety switches.
- Maintain records and prepare regular and special reports on electrical and electronic systems.
- Analyse work problems and make corrections when will facilitate the completion of system assignments.
- Maintain equipment records and parts inventory.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff.
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Read, understand and follow Permit to Work procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned or requested.
Education and Experience
A combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Typically, 5 years of responsible experience in commissioning a variety of instrumentation and automation systems common to Oil/ Gas or Petrochemical or Pharmaceutical Industry.
required skills / qualifications
- Instrument/Electrical theory, work methods, tools and testing equipment used in the commissioning of Pharmaceutical Facilities.
- Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s), telephone, telemetry equipment.
- Fire & Gas equipment
- Valve Positioners
- DC Power Systems
- Analog and Discrete Signals
- Pneumatic Systems
- Hart Protocol
- Proficient in Control Logic Schemes
- Experience with various PLC, DCS, and Fire & Gas control systems
- PLC logic controls
- Process Automation
- Report writing and records maintenance.
- Permit to work System
- Cause and Effect logic relationships of equipment
- Report writing and records maintenance.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures
Excellent package on offer for the right person (s) in line with qualifications and experience. If you wish to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.