Electrical Engineer, Switzerland
The role of Electrical Engineer based in Switzerland is to assist the Project Manager and his Project Team to deliver through the construction and Commissioning phases, right first time to meet and exceed the client’s expectations and will initially be based on a large pharmaceutical/life sciences project.
The Electrical Engineer will manage the delivery of the supporting functions necessary to ensure the successful delivery of the project. Some of the key duties would include; procurement management, document control including RFI management, submittal, transmittals, quality plan implementation, drawing management, automation system delivery, MV &LV infrastructure compliance, final handover packs development and providing engineering support for the project team.
STS Group, is dedicated to being the leading and most cost-efficient provider of electrical engineering, instrumentation, design and commissioning services across Ireland, UK, Europe and the Middle East. Since its formation, STS Group has broadened its scope to become a full-service provider to world renowned brand names in the Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Utilities, Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Food & Beverage, Transport and other industry sectors.
Headquartered in Waterford, Ireland, STS Group is one of three business units within Dussmann Technical Solutions (DTS) and is a proud member of the Dussmann Group. STS Group employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education ensuring that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Electrical Engineer will:
- Provide Technical Support to the project team
- Manage the Electrical document control to ensure that all relevant logs are kept up to date at all times
- Develop a designer’s systems functional description documentation from design intent to final implementation document
- Create and develop handover packs and test packs for Electrical and Instrumentation systems from the agreed systems list and create the system boundaries
- Manage the systems turnover packs with the clients commission teams
- Attend quality meetings and participate in QA/QC walk downs when required
- Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them
- Preparing all technical submittals according to specifications
- Develop and monitor all cable schedules through the project such as MV, LV, Control, ELV, EMS, BMS, ICT, Fibre, Security, FA, FS, ensuring there are no omissions
- Prepare O&M documentation for all systems
- Review and answer technical queries from site in relation to specifications / drawings/ materials / equipment and close out same
- Work as an integral part of the commissioning process and sign-off commissioning parameters
- Ensure all document control is updated regularly as required in both hard and soft copy
- Ensure site supervisors are working off latest drawings at all times and assist in the engineering development of supervisors
- Develop and generate all the required sign-off documentation for systems
- Ensure Quality plan is relevant and modify accordingly
- Carry out lighting calculations design reviews LV cable sizing
- Assist with development of commissioning plan and implementation of same
- Ensuring checks are completed for compliance with latest regulations and relevant design codes
required skills / qualifications
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years’ relevant experience working with a recognised contractor within a similar capacity
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong controls and automation understanding with ability to dissect the systems to identify any single points of failure or compliance issues, address them and close out within a defined budget
- Meticulous approach to safety and quality
- Life science / pharmaceutical experience will be advantageous
- Ability to develop, innovate and have practical design solutions to technical problems when required with commercial awareness at the forefront of the process
- Develop and understand wiring schematics
- Effective listener: good at listening to requirements or problems without bias
- Proficient in the use of PC Software packages such as MS Office, AutoCAD, Amtech
- Good at building rapport with the project team in order to achieve a closer working relationship and openness
Apply with a covering letter and CV today for immediate consideration to email@example.com.