Project HSE Manager, Germany
The STS Group is currently recruiting for a Project HSE Manager to join our team in Germany.
STS Group, is dedicated to being the leading and most cost-efficient provider of electrical engineering, instrumentation, design and commissioning services across Ireland, UK, Europe and the Middle East. Since its formation, STS Group has broadened its scope to become a full-service provider to world renowned brand names in the Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Utilities, Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Food & Beverage, Transport and other industry sectors.
Headquartered in Waterford, Ireland, STS Group is one of three business units within Dussmann Technical Solutions (DTS) and is a proud member of the Dussmann Group. STS Group employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education ensuring that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage & Lead the HSE Supervisors on the project
- Adherence to the STS Safety Management system
- Adherence to relevant Environmental, Health & Safety statutory provisions & legislation
- Maintaining HSE Plan & associated documents
- Development of task specific Method statements and risk assessments in conjunction with the Supervisor
- Coordination of project safety indicators. Monthly KPI report to Group HSE Manager
- Good Safety Practices are managed & maintained
- Safety interventions are completed & registered
- Carry out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions
- Ensure records of statutory inspections are available for project activities, tool and plant
- Adopt a Proactive approach to project EHS requirements
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a team
- Provide Safety input to site management & at site EHS forums
- Ensure project sub-contractor adhere to project EHS policies & procedures
- STS site induction & training is coordinated, managed & maintained
- Project PPE is resourced & available
- Compile & carry out Toolbox talks
- Method Statement briefings
- Assist or carry out accident/incident/near-miss investigation reports in a timely manner & ensure communication to project management
- Welfare & Hygiene facilities are in place, managed & maintained
- Liaison with site Project Management on environmental, health & safety issues
- Waste reduction and recycling programmes are maintained in line with project policies & procedures
- Monitoring of the COVID-19 site plan
required skills / qualifications
- Relevant third level qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety (Degree or Diploma)
- 5+ year's experience of managing environmental, health and safety on construction sites
- Previous experience of working on Pharmaceutical projects
- Thorough knowledge of current environmental, health and safety legislation
- Ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site. Strong computer skills required.
- Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills to lead a team
- Instructor training courses in working at heights, manual handling or abrasive wheels would be an advantage but not critical
- Excellent package on offer for the right person in line with qualifications and experience
- Rotation with flights back home once per month
- Accommodation and transport to work provided
Note: applicants must be eligible to work in Europe. Please do not apply if you are not resident in Europe with a work permit.
All CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org