Senior Mechanical Engineer/Estimator, Head Office
STS Group are currently recruiting for a full time Senior Mechanical Engineering/Estimator to join our team in Head Office, Waterford.
The ideal candidate will have minimum 7 - 10 yrs experience with a Mechanical contractor, commercial project experience is advantageous.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
- Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works.
- Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority.
- Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for Technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g. Procurement, etc).
- Management of the technical submittal and approvals
- Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need rates
- Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project Specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Preparation and agreeing project completion criteria and close out documents.
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
STS is an equal opportunities employer.
required skills / qualifications
- 7 – 10 years’ experience working with a recognised Mechanical/Electrical contractor in process mechanical / pipework
- Experience in Commercial and industrial projects
- Excellent organizational and project planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Travel UK & Europe 30%
- Excellent communication skills (desirable)
- Ability to work on own initiative (desirable)
For immediate consideration, apply with a covering letter and CV today for immediate consideration to email@example.com. Alternatively, click 'Apply for Vacancy' and complete the application form.