QA/QC Officer Switzerland
QA/ QC Officer required for large scale Data Centre project in Switzerland.
STS Group, is dedicated to being the leading and most cost-efficient provider of electrical engineering, instrumentation, design and commissioning services across Ireland, UK, Europe and the Middle East. Since its formation, STS Group has broadened its scope to become a full-service provider to world renowned brand names in the Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Utilities, Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Food & Beverage, Transport and other industry sectors.
Headquartered in Waterford, Ireland, STS Group is one of three business units within Dussmann Technical Solutions (DTS) and is a proud member of the Dussmann Group. STS Group employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education ensuring that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
An electrical trade and/or engineering qualification is required for this position. Reporting to the Project Manager and STS Group QA/QC Manager, the roles and requirements for the position are as outlined below:
- Prepare handover inspection and test documentation and operation & maintenance manuals
- Coordinate commissioning of electrical systems with the STS teams and other stakeholders
- Full review of inspection and test documentation
- Deliver STS quality themed inductions and toolbox talks to project teams
- Review and issue final handover packages to the client
- Ensure compliance to regulatory standards throughout the installation and inspection of the project
- Perform quality inspections of the installations and control the close out of defects
- Oversee that testing is correctly executed on the project
- Liaise with the construction management team and client on installation and quality matters
- Attend quality meetings
- Input into weekly progress reporting on quality items
- Perform internal quality audits
required skills / qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational / planning skills
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Be proactive and committed
- Conscientious and responsible
- Ability to support, manage, lead and enthuse others
- Willing to undertake further training should the company believe necessary for the role
Competitive salary on offer, Rotational Shift Pattern (3 weeks/1 week off), working within a dedicated team environment.
For immediate consideration please forward your CV to the Quality Manager, Tim Thornton: firstname.lastname@example.org