Internal Auditor/Compliance Officer
STS Group have an opportunity for an experienced Internal Auditor/Compliance Officer to join the SHEQ team, providing objective internal audits across a range of Operational services within the STS Group business areas.
The company can be flexible for the right individual and this role could be based from the STS Waterford or Dublin Offices.
Specialist Technical Services (STS) is a leading multinational engineering services provider. We count among our clients some of the world's leading names in the Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Healthcare, and Technology sectors where we provide the highest levels of expertise and performance across electrical and instrumentation and commissioning works
STS is a privately-owned company headquartered in Waterford, Ireland and with offices in Dublin, London, Frankfurt. Switzerland and Belgium. STS employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Quality and HSE Managers
- You will principally perform audits on all aspects of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards at Management and Operational level whilst documenting the process and findings. Auditing on other aspects of compliance risk would also be required as part of the role.
- Ensuring that the company’s management systems are fit for purpose
- Additionally, you will work alongside the SHEQ team to plan, adapt and continually improve the process of internal audit.
- Auditing STS activities on live construction projects against the businesses performance framework
- Monitoring compliance with the companies system through the development and implementation of an audit programme
- Assisting the implementation of ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards in new business units
- Ensuring effective close out of corrective actions raised, open incident reports, and significant site issues
- Liaising with Quality & HSE Managers & Project Managers with regards to non-conformances
- Our successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role with proven knowledge of auditing standards. Ideally you will be QMS / EMS / OHSAS internal auditor certified. It is essential that you communicate effectively and in a courteous manner, ensuring that documents written are in the appropriate tone for the topic and reader.
- This position will work across multiple diverse projects within Ireland and Europe providing audits against the businesses performance framework.
- As part of this role, regular travel will be required and therefore it is essential that the post holder hold a valid driving licence.
- Promote a positive HSEQ culture at all times within the company
required skills / qualifications
- Auditing qualification covering OSHAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 Internal or lead auditor. (Company can assist with training if all three are not in place)
- Good knowledge of environmental, health and safety legislation, regulations, practices and standards
- Good knowledge of Quality practices and standards
- Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- Experience working in a construction site environment would be great but not a must
- Previous experience of working with Electrical contractors, Electrical experience or engineering/construction industry experience
- Relevant third level qualification in Health & Safety or Quality
- Good package on offer for the right person in line with qualifications and experience
- This HSEQ Compliance Auditor position is an excellent opportunity to move into a responsible role within an industry leading Engineering contractor with excellent prospects for progression.
If you are suitably qualified, experienced and interested in this role, please email CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com. If you want to chat more about the role, you can ring Paul or Tim on 051 508009.