HSE Officer for Pharmaceutical Project in Europe
HSE Officer for Pharmaceutical Project Europe.
Specialist Technical Engineering Services (STS) is a leading multinational engineering services provider. We count among our clients some of the world's leading names in the Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Healthcare, and Technology sectors where we provide the highest levels of expertise and performance across electrical and instrumentation and commissioning works
STS is a privately-owned company headquartered in Waterford, Ireland and with offices in Dublin, London, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland and The Middle East. STS employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Project HSE Lead
- Delivery of health and Safety Inductions for all new employees or contractors working on site
- Maintenance of site safety folders
- Updating and printing out the weekly packs (MEWP’s checklists + GA3’s, etc. Collecting the weekly packs and completing a checklist for compliance with STS requirements.
- Updating EHS databases for Work at Height equipment (Ladders, MEWP’s, Harness/Lanyard, etc), PAT Testing, SDS, Tools and Equipment and all Site Plant and filing certificates for same
- Maintenance of EHS records including induction and training documentation, inspection records, accident files and follow-up action points, statistical records
- Assisting in the maintenance of the site RAMS log.
- Liaise with training department regarding submitting certificates. Assist in setting up training sessions, prepare paperwork and file paperwork when complete.
- STS Safety meetings and follow up with participants on Action Points.
- Prepare Tool Box Schedule for the project including attendance records. Give tool box talks
- Updating weekly statistics in relation to safe work hours, SORs, accidents, incidents, etc.
- Monitoring of STS compliance with site permits
- Maintenance of STS Site Safety Board/s.
- Monitoring distribution of site PPE and safety related documents.
- Updating spreadsheet with regards to weekly returns for sub-contractor.
- Method Statement briefings to workers.
- Maintain First-aid facilities on site.
- Promote a safety culture on site at all times and promote the use of the SOR (safety observation reporting)
required skills / qualifications
- Relevant third level qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety (Diploma or Degree qualified)
- Previous pharmaceutical or Bio-pharmaceutical experience or mission critical
- Ideally 5 + year's experience of environmental, health and safety work.
- Good knowledge of environmental, health and safety practices and standards
- Ability to work in a team environment and can engage, motivate and work with team members and site personnel.
- Strong communication & computer skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- Position based in Europe for 12 months
- Previous Electrical experience
- Instructor training courses in working at heights, manual handling or abrasive wheels
- Previous experience of working on mainland Europe
- Good package on offer for the right person in line with qualifications and experience
- Accommodation supplied
- Rotation every 4 weeks, flights provided
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org and/ or ring Paul for more details on 051 508009